SHABU Hot Pot Etiquette
Delightful in taste and enjoyable in practice, hot pot at SHABU is a unique specialty every guest must experience. To fully embrace our hot pot offerings, here are a few details to keep in mind.
One Pot Per Guest
Each pot is personal-sized to ensure complete satisfaction and cleanliness.
Choose one of four hot pot broth choices:
- Ma-La Broth (Spicy)
- Shiitake Mushroom
- Tomato Broth
- Herbal Broth
We serve a complimentary first round of three dipping sauces – oyster chili, Sha-cha, and olive garden sauce.
Food Selection (à la carte)
Each food order has a serving size of 3-4 people and is presented raw and ready-to-cook.
- Select various meats, seafood, and vegetables from the hot pot menu for a balanced meal.
- Submerge the raw ingredients into the broth to cook.
- When preparing a combination of meat and vegetables or tofu, cook the meat first to flavor the broth quicker. **Some meats also require a longer cooking time than most vegetables.
- Serve yourself the cooked ingredients with dipping sauce, when ready. **Remember to try the tasteful broth as well.
- If your utensils come in contact with raw meat, simply dip them into the pot for several seconds before reusing them.
- Have fun, savor each bite, and enjoy! **Hot pot fares well with tea, beer, and wine.